Dear RARI members,
Greetings from the new RARI Board! As members of the RARI board of directors from 2017-2018 we would like to thank you for your votes and say that we are honored to serve as RARI board members and are excited to be members of such a dynamic, dedicated, and energetic group. It is surely an exciting time to be a part of the Reflexology community.
At our first board meeting we sat down and thought it would be a good idea to look at the year in review (2016-2017) to get a better idea of where we were coming from and so we looked at what we had accomplished in 2016-2017.
- RARI’s Accomplishments from 2016-2017 (in no particular order) Electronically archived our RARI files. A HUGE thank you goes out to Nancy Bartlett. Thanks to Nancy we were able to electronically archive important RARI documents dating back to RARI’s beginning in 2003. These documents are important and useful for present and future members of RARI. Thank you, Nancy!
Started a RARI members Facebook page. Thanks to active members, the FB page is updated regularly and each week more and more members add interesting and relevant information to be shared among fellow members. Keep up the good work. As of now we have 29 RARI members signed up as members of the RARI Facebook page. If you are interested in becoming a member of the RARI FB page, go to Facebook, search “RARI closed group”, find us, and click on “join”.
- Revamped the RARI website (www.reflexologyri.com), added an events page so that members and easily seen details on RARI events (times, dates, locations), and added an easy-to-use directory for people to easily find professional RARI members.
- Hosted another great cadaver study at URI. Thank you, Dalia for organizing.
- At the March quarterly meeting, a member (Julie Bailis), presented a talk about why it is important to have your own website. Many members found this information relevant and useful.
At our quarterly meetings we continued to foster community by encouraging “small talk” and opportunities for RARI members to get to know one another as colleagues and fellow Reflexologists.
- Hosted Peter and Dorthe from Touchpoint Reflexolology at URI. This was a 2-day workshop that took place at URI. A huge thanks to Elysia for organizing this event. We hope them come back for next year! Hosted Bill Flocco and learned more about Ear Reflexology and integrating Hand, Foot, and Ear Reflexology. Thank you to Tami Goulet for organizing!
- Dalia hosted her annual Summer Party where members relaxed, swam, had fun, and continued to foster a strong and healthy community of Reflexologists.
We certainly have accomplished some things, but don’t worry, we won’t be resting on our laurels.
This year we look forward to working together to continue to serve and strengthen this amazing association. Thank you all again for your votes and support! We look forward to seeing many of you at Dalia’s for the RARI Summer Party and if not there, we hope to see you all at our first Quarterly meeting as a new board on August 26th, 2017.
Julie Bailis (President)
Lizzy Wolf Calvino (Vice President)
Lori Sklarski (Treasurer)
Dana Moriarty (Secretary)